The Immigrant Council of Ireland is currently seeking applications for the following position:
Title of position: Finance Manager
Part time: 3.75 days per week (26.25 hours), hours may be worked over 5 days
Annual Salary: €50k to €60k per annum (pro-rata for 26.25hrs - €37.5k to €45k pa)
Contract: Specific purpose contract Maternity Leave Cover
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Remote Working / 2 St Andrew St, Dublin 2
Start Date: Jan 2021 (if available for handover/training in Dec 2020)
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday, 20 November 2020
Purpose of the Job:
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the financial management and company secretarial function of the organisation.
Company Secretarial Function:
- To administer the ICI’s pension scheme in conjunction with the external Trustee.
- To administer the ICI’s insurances and ensure that all identified risks are adequately insured (maintenance of the Risk Register).
The Immigrant Council is a flexible organisation; the duties of this post may be subject to adjustment from time to time and the post holder will be expected to carry out any other reasonable tasks required of them in furtherance of the Immigrant Council’s wider objectives.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Professionally Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA
- Strong governance knowledge
- High degree of attention to detail, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills
- Empathy with organisational goals
Desirable skills and attributes
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Knowledge of SORP accounting
- Experience of the financial management of grants
- Experience in European Commission funding/projects
- Company Secretary experience
Salary & Benefits:
- €50k to €60k per annum (pro-rata for 26.25hrs - €37.5k to €45k pa)
- 5% employer contribution to pension after 6 months (based on employee contribution of 5%)
- 25 days annual leave per year pro rata
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the Republic of Ireland.
HOW TO APPLY
A letter of application along with a full CV and the names of two referees should be sent by way of email only to email@example.com with subject: Finance Manager Maternity Leave Cover.
Applications submitted will be acknowledged but no further feedback will be provided to applicants unless invited to attend for interview.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday, 20 November 2020